Re: [WriteLog] No Rig

To: <artw4aa@bellsouth.net>, "'WriteLog'" <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] No Rig
From: <john@kk9a.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2009 02:40:25 -0000
I have used the Belkin USB to Serial adapter for rig control with Writelog
with no problem.  You didn't say what Com port the device is assigning.  I
manually change mine to com1 or com2, but any number will work.  If it's a
number higher than com 4? you have to make some adjustments to the
writelog.ini file.  Once you know the com# you have to go into Writelog's
port setup menu and select the rig and baud for the com port that you are
using.   If you've gone this far and none of this works you can try a
different baud rate.  For my shack computers, I use a serial / parallel port
card instead of adapters, but the adapters do work.

GL
John KK9A / W4AAA  / P40A