[WriteLog] SSB recording on the fly

To: "'Writelog List'" <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] SSB recording on the fly
From: "Ted Boerkamp" <tboerkamp@cogeco.ca>
Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2009 17:49:11 -0500
Hello .Can someone tell me what the receive selection needs to be in the
writelog

sound mixer window to allow me to record ssb messages on the fly and/or just
transmit wavefiles

in general??? Currenty the WL sound mixer shows LINE IN as the receive
selection.

Does this need to change for SSB voice keying in order to select the MIC
VOLUME as the selection??

The MIC ACTIVE button at the bottom is greyed out at this time.

I have my heil proset connected directly to mic-in on the sound card

and I have a cable going from line-out to the patch-in jack on my FT1000MP.

My sound card is a SB CT4750 which gives me a 7F reading for the soundcard
test.

I am using a P4 computer and XP Pro.

I still have an issue with trying to re-record ssb messages on the fly. It
works very

intermittently. I record shift-F5 and if I try to re-record to the same
function key, I get

either nothing changed which plays back the original message, or sometimes I
get

a loud hashy noise and nothing is understandable. I have read the reflector
archives

but no one has posted a reason or fix to this situation. If its operator
error, I would

appreciate someone giving me a clue as to where to look.

Thank-you

Ted Boerkamp VE3SS