[WriteLog] Cabrillo Problem, ARRL DX, Multi-Multi Entry

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Cabrillo Problem, ARRL DX, Multi-Multi Entry
From: "Jeff Maass" <jmaass@k8nd.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Apr 2009 15:38:27 -0400
The Writelog Cabrillo file generation in Writelog
v10.69D is broken for Multi-Multi entries. I don't
know if this is also true of the newest version
(10.71C?).

The PJ2T log was rejected by the ARRL robot for an
extraneous item (the Station ID, indicating which
transmitter made the QSO) at the end of each QSO
line.

Creating the Cabrillo file with Writelog version
10.69D, the header indicates Cabrillo Version
3.0. A typical QSO line look like this (spacing
adjusted):

  QSO: 7076 PH 2009-03-07 0000 PJ2T  59 K  N4GG 59 GA  2

The robot rejects it for the last field ("2"),
which is the station ID (used only for SO2R).

We re-ran the Cabrillo conversion with old Writelog
version 10.61E, and it indicates that the Cabrillo
conversion is Version 2.0. It gives the following
result:

  QSO: 7076 PH 2009-03-07 0000 PJ2T  59 K  N4GG 59 GA

Note that the QSO line does not have the "Station
ID" number at then end.

With this log-line format for each QSO, the robot
accepted this log (with the Cabrillo version 3.0
header appended in place of the Cabrillo version
2.0 header).

73,  Jeff  K8ND