Re: [WriteLog] Serial comport assognment

To: <k7jj@arrl.net>, "Writelog List" <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Serial comport assognment
From: "FireBrick" <w9ol@billnjudy.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2009 11:36:20 -0500
Dave, almost every com port device, whether motherboard, add-on card or USB has
a feature to assign it to whatever port you wish.

Usually it's in Control Panel>System Prop>Hardware>Device Manager>Ports
Almost always if you select the port device, and to to Port Settings>Advanced,
there is a means to select a different number.

Remember most BIOS reserve com 1 and 2 for mother board devices, but if there
are none, they can be used....usually
If not, they must be reassigned in the bios setup.