Re: [WriteLog] editing writelog.ini

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] editing writelog.ini
From: "Gary AL9A" <al9a@mtaonline.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2009 20:49:00 -0800
Nick,

I'm running Vista Home Premium 32 bit and can save changes to the
writelog.ini file without a problem.  Are you sure you are saving the
correct ini file to the correct location.  Under Vista there are two
writelog.ini files.  One is in C:\Windows, but that's just a dummy that
isn't used by WL under Vista.  The location you want is in the Virtual Store
path such as

C:\Users\AL9A\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Windows\writelog.ini

If you have User Account Control enabled in Vista you must be logged in as
the Administrator in order to save changes to this file.  Alternatively, go
to the Control Panel and disable User Account Control.  This should let you
save the ini file changes, but it will still be to the file in the Virtual
Store path.

73,
Gary AL9A