Re: [WriteLog] SIIG 4 Serial Port PCI Board and MMTTY

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] SIIG 4 Serial Port PCI Board and MMTTY
From: Aldewey@aol.com
Date: Sat, 26 Sep 2009 22:13:02 EDT

In a message dated 9/26/2009 8:59:16 PM Central Daylight Time,
ve3gsi@sympatico.ca writes:

Al,

The only time I have seen a problem of crashing the PC with FSK on a serial
port, if, and only if I had accidently choose a PK-232 Modem and configured
it to a virtual serial port.

You can check MMTTY by running it as a stand-alone on the suspect port, this
might verify it is WL setup problem.

Also double check for new SIIG site for new drivers and any FAQ's.

73 Eric - VE3GSI

Eric;

Thanks.  N1NR also suggested I check the site for a new driver.  I haven't
had a chance to do that yet.
I do not think it is a Writelog problem because the problem happens even
when I run MMTTY stand-alone.

It happens right away when I select COM5, COM6, COM7, COM8 and select OK on
the TX Tab.  As soon as I hit OK, the computer crashes and re-boots.

I'll check for new drivers after the contest this weekend.

73,

Al, K0AD