[WriteLog] Dual Serial CW & Rig Cable

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Dual Serial CW & Rig Cable
From: "GARY ELLIOT" <k7ox@msn.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2009 20:58:02 -0700
Hello,

I purchased a Dual Serial CW and Rig Control Cable from K1NU.  I have it setup
on comm 2 in WL.  I am using version 10.53 on a XP machine.  The cable reads
the radio frequency just fine and changing bands the frequency follows.

My problem is that when I plug the CW keying cable into my ICOM IC-761 it keys
the transmitter ?  Apparently the serial port is not configured correctly in WL
? In checking with K1NU he suggested that I make sure the CW & Rig are on the
same port and further suggested that Comm PTT =NO and that the All Mode PTT NOT
be checked.  I tried that but have the same problem that the radio keys in XMT.

When in the ports set up I check the CW and the little dot appears but when I
save the configuration and bring WL backup the little dot is gone ????????

Would appreciate some comments from someone who is using one of K1NU's dual CW
& Rig control cables and maybe how your INI file is set up.

I have attached a photo of my port set up.  Noticed that the check mark
disappears when I save the configuration ?????????

Gary K7OX