Re: [WriteLog] [Fwd: RTTY problem]

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] [Fwd: RTTY problem]
From: "Don Hill AA5AU" <aa5au@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sun, 1 Nov 2009 10:46:05 -0600
Replying back to the reflector in hopes other may or may not support this
solution.

It sounds like WriteLog is not initializing or communicating with the SCS PTC
II.  This used to happen with other TU's such as the
PK232.  To fix it, we had to make a change in the writelog.ini file.  Since you
are using COM 2, make sure the COM port is in the
writelog.ini file under the [PORTS] section as such:

COM2:=9600,n,8,1,

I think the problem was basically that you had to put the comma at the end of
the string.  I know the PK232 had to communicated with
at 9600.  Not sure what the PTC II requires, but you may want to set a certain
baud rate with the PTC II instead of using Autobaud
(if that is what you are trying to use).

73, Don AA5AU
http://www.aa5au.com
http://www.rttycontesting.com