Re: [WriteLog] [Fwd: Irritating diagnostic]

To: <garry@ni6t.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] [Fwd: Irritating diagnostic]
From: "Bruce King" <bruce@regis-consulting.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Nov 2009 17:02:15 -0500
Hi Garry,

Sorry to hear that you are still experiencing problems with your
Writelog installation. I'm running 10.73d here under XP and Vista
without any problems. My guess is that your Writelog installation is
corrupted. From your description it looks like Writelog is attempting to
start the subsidiary packet and bandmap processes and can't find them.

I's suggest that you retry what you did already. Completely remove
Writelog using the add/remove facility in Control Panel. Then reboot the
PC and reinstall Writelog. But, I would install it in a different
directory. E.g. if you put it originally in say C:/ham/writelog, put it
in C:/test/writelog this time. I would also rename your writelog.ini
file to say writelog_date.ini so that writelog will create a new .ini
file. You will need to do a full install of whatever your last full
install was. Then start writelog and see where you are. If it works, you
can either declare success or remove it and reinstall it where you wish;
and then install the upgrade to 10.73d and retest to confirm it still
works.

Depending on when you last did a full install, you will need your
registration code for the full install as well as the registration code
for the upgrade.

If the full install fails, then you will need more help than I can give
you. If the full install works but the upgrade fails, then try
downloading a new copy of the upgrade.

GL and let me know how you make out with it.

73 Bruce W1CSM

Message: 1