Re: [WriteLog] Radio info - MAYDAY!!!

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Radio info - MAYDAY!!!
From: Jim Reisert AD1C <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>
Date: Sat, 14 Nov 2009 20:02:52 -0700
On 11/13/2009 11:07 PM, Ron Stordahl wrote:

> The ICOM radios do not provide the capability to read the status of
> split and/or dualwatch.  You can set either, but you have no way to
> determine what mode it is in, thus when issuing a spot you have to hand
> edit the split or risk sending it wrong.

That is true.  However, some software (CT and I think WriteLog) can
compensate for that by keeping a virtual "split" flag in software.  As
long as ONLY the software turns split on/off (i.e. not your fingers),
then it knows what mode the radio is in.

73 - Jim AD1C

--
Jim Reisert AD1C, <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.us