Re: [WriteLog] New user question

To: "writelog@contesting.com" <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] New user question
From: Dan Karg <dkarg@ekarg.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Dec 2009 22:03:16 -0600
 Jacob,

You can get PTT (on RTS) from the COM port, CW would be on the DTR if I recall
correctly.
You do not need an LPT port.

To use a laptop with no serial port you will either need a USB to serial port
adaptor (very inexpensive)  or a different interface that has a direct USB
connection (microHam MicroKeyer or similar).

This WriteLog setup page might help

http://www.writelog.com/support/SoundBoardSetup.htm

Also K9JY's site might be useful

http://k9jy.com/writelog/