[WriteLog] WriteLog problems on Windows 7 64-bit

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: [WriteLog] WriteLog problems on Windows 7 64-bit
From: Jim Orcheson <jim@va3hj.ca>
Date: Mon, 04 Jan 2010 16:20:17 -0500
Well I thought I had everything working because I made sure that both
rig control and CW/RTTY worked, so it was a shock when I tried to use
WriteLog during the RTTY Roundup contest over the weekend.

After entering the first contact and hitting the enter key, the contact
would not save and displayed the message:
Field QTH is invalid!
This occured whether I enter a valid state/province or a number.

I did some investigating and have found the following:
1. File -> Web Update Data Files: When I click the Download button, a
MessageBox flashes and then another is displayed with the not very
useful message: Download failed!  Looking in the help files there is an
entry for web update, but it only talks about what happens when the
download succeeds, so I have no idea why it failed, or where to look for
information on why it failed.

2. The country list did download and install properly.

3. Contest -> Show Multipliers brings up a window that is about 8 lines
high and many hundreds/thousands of characters wide. I don't know how
wide it is, but its more than 10 screens wide. I gave up trying to get
to the right edge of the window. The window is empty.

4. Super Check Partial does not show any callsigns as I enter a call.

5. I used fldigi for the contest, then exported the log to and ADIF file
and imported it into WriteLog. DX stations were recognized and
multipliers were calculated properly, but not for states and provinces,
so Writelog doesn't recognize states and provinces as multipliers.

6. After I imported the log from fldigi, Super Check Partial would
display callsigns that were in the log, but not others.

5. I checked namedmul.ini and there are entries for RTTY Roundup and
they seem valid.

My setup is as follows:
Windows 7 64-bit
WriteLog 10.74J installed in C:\WriteLog
MMTTY installed in C:\Program Files (x86)\MMTTY
MMTTYPluginForWritelog installed in C:\WriteLog\Programs

Is there some quirk with 64-bit Windows that I have failed to
comprehend? Where do I go from here?

73, Jim  VA3HJ