[WriteLog] LPT port gone bananas

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] LPT port gone bananas
From: "Dave Hachadorian" <K6LL@ARRL.net>
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 2010 17:06:59 -0000
I have always used LPT1, driven by DirectIO, to extract the A/B
signal for use in switching my biggest antenna to the active
radio. It has worked great for years, until two days before the
RTTY Roundup. Now the A/B signal is switching at inappropriate
times, and is unusable. I actually had to use N1MM in the RTTY
Roundup. It worked fine, including LPT, but I am more accustomed
to Writelog for RTTY, and would prefer to use it.

So far I have uninstalled and reinstalled WL, MMTTY, and WL
plugin for MMTTY, deleting all the .ini files in the process. The
problem still persists. I have not uninstalled DirectIO yet,
because that process is usually quite troublesome.

Anybody have an idea of other things to try?

What about developing the A/B signal in an alternative manner?
What is that little deal in WL/setup ports about so2r control on
a com port? Does that bring A/B out on a com port? What about the
program AB_switcher, is anyone using that?

Thanks!

Dave Hachadorian, K6LL
Yuma, AZ