[WriteLog] RE; Pirate in CQWPX RTTY Contest

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: [WriteLog] RE; Pirate in CQWPX RTTY Contest
From: Alan Maenchen <ad6e@arrl.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2010 10:28:34 -0800
It's not that uncommon for a newbie station (or even an OF in a QLF moment)
to send 599 instead of a serial number.

If this happens in several sequential QSOs, the log checker should figure it
out and accept a 599 serial number even if the other log shows the true, but
un-sent serial number. As a log checker in a different event, I see this all
the time.

In this situation, I would log 599 as the serial number even if only 8
minutes into the contest. ....However, I would first ask for a fill just to
be sure. You could actually jeopardize your QSO if you change it later
because the odds are the other stations' log shows 599 for all sent serial
numbers.  :-)

73, Alan  AD6E