[WriteLog] Problem with CW mesages not sending correctly/at all

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: [WriteLog] Problem with CW mesages not sending correctly/at all
From: hankkier@aol.com
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2010 20:49:05 -0500
Started ARRL contest and immediately had a problem with the CW buffer messages.
I use the Microkeyer and Icom Pro3. When I attempt to use either the F-keys or
the buttons over the entry log I am getting erratic behavior, at best. If
buffer is " QRZ de KF2O" when I press it I may get "F2O" or "Z", or "RZ long
pause then K, then relay stays in transmit for a long pause then exits, or lots
of other iterations. "CL?" comes out "?". etc for all the other messages. not a
single message is playing correctly. plus the relay stays in transmit at times
when nothing is playing before kicking out. and sometimes the message would not
only play partially, but the code speed would speed up to about 80
WPM...couldn't even understand it. at a loss to explain all this.

by contrast, when I exited writelog and opened DXBase, without changing any
other element, the DXBase message buffers play out perfectly normally, no
problem at all.

I also exited and pulled up an old ARRL CW contest writelog file (which worked
fine before) and experienced the same erratic behavior with that one.

even more frustrating because I didn't wait till contest time to test it...set
up writelog a few days ago and at that time had none of this problem, all the
messages played normally.

HELP!!

Hank  KF2O