Re: [WriteLog] CAT commands

To: Bill K2OWR <k2owr@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] CAT commands
From: John Hoaglun <john@hoaglun.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 16:11:04 -0500
I use Writelog for contests and operating events like Field Day and have
been for many years. (I am getting the feeling from the emails that
people don't operate away from their shack.)

Look at scenario A & B:

A: Netbook+Radio+serial_cable
(good portable station)

B: Netbook+Radio+serial_cable+K1EL_keyer+USB_Cable+Rig_blaster
+serial_cable+audio_cables+USB_Hub
(not very portable... replace the netbook with a fullsize pc and it is a
home station)

My Question:
Can Writelog send CAT commands via the F key macros?

(This has been asked in the archives before but I can't find examples of
where it has been answered)  Sending CW messages via the "KY" cat
command would be the most likely topic as quite a few radios can do
this.

There are occasions were I want to operate some contests in a more
minimal configuration depending on the effort level and out of town
family commitments. Sometimes you don't need all the "stuff" to put a
bunch of Q's into the log.  :-)

73 de NG0R