Re: [WriteLog] USB to LPT Converters and the Top Ten DXD

To: Writelog Forum <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] USB to LPT Converters and the Top Ten DXD
From: Clay Melhorn <n9io@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2010 21:42:42 -0500
I too run the DXDoubler and Writelog.

A great parallel port control software for Win7 is Port95nt

it can be downloaded at  http://www.driverlinx.com/DownLoad/DlPortIO.htm

SIIG makes some very nice quality PCI type converter cards with parallel
port(s) of which I have a couple,

they work fine on the DXD.

Also, for rs-232 rig control, fsk etc the SIIG PCI Quartet (4 port) com port
cards, they also make single and dual rs-232 cards.

I have found some good deals on eBay over the last few years for SIIG products.

Have purchased enough of them now that I feel it's safe to let the secret out,
ha...

73'
Clay Melhorn N9IO Bonfield, IL
Webmaster: KARS - Kankakee Area Radio Society - W9AZ http://www.w9az.com/