Re: [WriteLog] Lighthouse Weekend- Best Setup

To: "Don" <af4z@cfl.rr.com>, <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Lighthouse Weekend- Best Setup
From: "Gary AL9A" <al9a@mtaonline.net>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2010 21:26:42 -0800
Don,

You can modify the fields in the "Entry" window of the Dxpedition Mode to
suit your need.  Once you've loaded the module go to Contest/Exchange Format
Setup...  A window will pop up telling you that you may either define the
exchange from scratch or add more fields to the end of the defined exchange.
It then asks if you want to initialize ALL fields in the exchange?  Select
No and a window titled "Edit QSO Exchange Fields" will open.  On the left
will be a column with all the currently defined fields in this module.  You
may leave them as is, choose to modify their parameters, or add new fields.
You cannot delete any fields, but you can make changes to the existing ones.

In the lower left corner of the window is a Help button.  This opens the WL
Help manual to the pertinent page that describes all the options here.  I
would review this page first.  As an example I made a few changes just to
see what would happen.  If you click on the Country field  the active
options boxes are filled with check marks.  The one called "Prompt" is what
makes this field display in the "Entry" window.  Clear the Prompt check box
and the Save button becomes active.  Click on Save and the modification goes
into effect when you click on OK and exit the window.  Next click on "C" and
clear the Prompt check box again and then click on Save.  Now click on OK
and exit the window.  The COUNTRY and C fields in the "Entry" window are now
gone.  If you don't want the Name field you can do likewise again for that
field name and uncheck the Prompt box to remove it from the Entry window.

To add a new field to the "Entry" window go back to Contest/Exchange Format
Setup...  and click the New button.  In the Caption box type in a name for
your new field.  I don't know the length of the Lighthouse number for the
exchange, but I'm assuming it has both alpha characters and numbers.  If
your field name title isn't as long as the Lighthouse number you will be
receiving add spaces after the name to get the field width you need.  Be
sure to click on the Prompt field so it will show up in the "Entry" window.
I would also check the boxes for Print, Prompt, Tab Only, No Space and
Required.  Click on Save to create the new field.  If you scroll down to the
end of the field list you will see your new field.  You cannot change the
order of the fields, just add new ones to the end of the list.  When I tried
creating a new field for the Lighthouse number the field showed in the log
off the screen on the right hand side.  I had to scroll over with the right
pointing arrow to see it.  If you need to edit this field you will need to
scroll it into view so you can click on it and bring up the edit mode.

This should work for what you need.  Good luck.

73,
Gary AL9A