Re: [WriteLog] No PTT WL and MMTTY

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] No PTT WL and MMTTY
From: "Dave Earnest" <k7jj@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2010 15:54:10 -0700
Color me "Red"! as in blushing with embarrassment.

I guess I have forgotten my basic troubleshooting skills.

The problem with no PTT was somehow the PTT NPN transistor in my keying
interface got zapped. Of course, MMTTY stand alone was getting PTT ok, it
was Writelong, DX4WIN and others not getting the comport PTT as a result of
the bad NPN transistor.

I replaced it and all is well, although I blew a perfectly good SARTG
contest.  I have an interface box with PTT, FSK and CW interface to the
RS-232 comport on my Vista computer.

73 all,
Dave Earnest, K7JJ
k7jj@arrl.net