[WriteLog] Cannot open mmtty.ini File

To: <WriteLog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Cannot open mmtty.ini File
From: "Bill Flowers" <wjf1@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2010 13:17:38 -0600
Howdy everyone,

I have been working almost 3 days to solve my problem but with no luck. So
here goes to see if anyone else has experienced this problem and maybe found
a solution. This is slightly similar to the problem that a  lot of users
have experienced with the Writelog program when using the MMTTY plugin. The
plugin is not able to find the mmtty.ini file. In my case the plugin is not
able to open the mmtty.ini file.

First, I am running Vista Ultimate w/SP 2 on AMD CPU 2.4 GHz. Installed with
3 GHz memory.
        Running MMTTY ver. 66G. This program is working OK. MMTTY is
installed at C:\MMTTY\.
        Running Writelog ver. 10.79G. this program is installed at
C:\Program Files\Writelog\.
        Writelog.ini is located in the users Virtual Store location.
        Installed MMTTYPluginforWritelog_V13.exe.
        Writelog is configured for TU type as MMTTY. Mode is 45 baud.

My problem.
        When I start Writelog the log window opens OK. When the Rttyrite
window opens, I get the error message,
        Cannot open file: C:\MMTTY\mmtty.ini.
        The mmtty.ini file has appropriate user permissions.

MMTTY program can access this mmtty.ini file and make changes to it OK.
Writelog did work OK at times but the error rate was about 3 out of 4 times.
Now its 100% failure.

I have turned UAC on and off with no effect.

Any help in solving my problem would be greatly appreciated.

Bill Flowers, 73's
AC0GJ