Re: [WriteLog] help win7 and writelog and mmtty and microKEYER 2R+

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] help win7 and writelog and mmtty and microKEYER 2R+
From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <lists@subich.com>
Date: Fri, 03 Sep 2010 12:30:28 -0400
 > Problem #1: The microHAM router does not seem to be installing all the
 > virtual ports until I open the router configuration window. That is,
 > it takes a long time (minutes) before the microKEYER 2R+ tabs are
 > shown. I am assuming this is the virtual ports being created the
 > first time I open the configuration window rather then when the
 > computer starts up?

Virtual ports are loaded (created) when Router starts.  They can take
30 seconds to two minutes to load depending on other CPU load and the
number of ports being created.

 > But mmtty will only see Left Channel audio from the USB Audio CODEC
 > even when I select the USB Audio CODEC on the SoundCard tab and the
 > Right channel source is selected. The audio stream is still that of
 > the microKEYER 2R+ "Recording/Digital" left channel volume control
 > instead of the right channel volume control.

Check your audio configuration in "Functions" - make sure you are not
switching audio.  Also check both the Windows soundcard set-up
(Microphone - USB Audio CODEC) and RTTYrite.  Windows shouls be set for
"2 channel, 16 bit 44100 Hz (CD Quality)" and RTTYrite should be set
for Stereo Soundcard - FSK or AFSK.  The Windows Sound Control Panel
should not be open when running RTTYrite or MMTTY.

 > Even weirder, with both rttyrite windows open and the RTTY Control
 > panels configured for left and right channels of the USB Audio CODEC,
 > when I select Radio 1 (left) source for the left digital control I get
 > the left radio's signal being displayed in the left rttyrite windows.
 > And when I select Radio 2 (right) source for the LEFT digital control
 > I get the right radio's audio signal being displayed in the right
 > rttyrite window.

That sounds very much like you have selected "Steer FSK" on Router's
Ports Tab and have selected R1 audio with RX Focus on R1 and R2 audio
with RX Focus on R2 in your current Function.  Watch the LEDs on the
MK2R+ front panel above the Recording/Digital controls when you switch
entry windows ... if they change you have a Router/MK2R+ configuration
issue ... if they don't change the issue is probably in the Windows or
RTTYrite configuration.

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV