[WriteLog] Record on the fly

To: "Writelog Reflector" <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Record on the fly
From: "Gary AL9A" <al9a@mtaonline.net>
Date: Mon, 6 Sep 2010 22:16:58 -0800
I just noticed in recent days that all of a sudden the WL Record-On-The-Fly
feature now works with my station.  In the past this was a hit or miss
feature, mostly miss.  The result was so inconsistent, even with the
external sound card in the microKEYER II,  that I just gave up trying.  Now
it suddenly seems to work each and every time.  So what's changed?  I can't
be positive, but since my PC is running Vista I suspect the recent changes
Wayne has made, starting with V10.77, to relinquish audio control to
Vista/Win 7 is probably the reason.  Apparently there was some contention
going on in the background over who was going to control things when RTF was
attempted, WL or Windows.  The new Sound Board mixer control leaves all
audio settings to the OS and this has apparently resolved the contention
issue.  Now to get used to actually using this feature!

73,
Gary AL9A