[WriteLog] FYI-- Texas QSO party ASCII file submission

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] FYI-- Texas QSO party ASCII file submission
From: "W. Wright, W5XD" <w5xd@writelog.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2010 03:13:08 -0000
All,
The Texas QSO party module supports an "ARRL File Format" save option, but
the menu entry that does that is missing in recent WL versions if you open
the .WL file as WriteLog starts up. (This is a bug that will be fixed in the
next WL version).

But you can work around the problem by doing a "File New" (this clears all
QSOs from your log, so do a File Save first if you have any new QSOs since
your last File Save), then Cancel the module selection, and then, finally,
File Open of the .wl file with your Texas QSO Party log. At this point, WL's
"Contest" menu will have a "Save As ARRL Format..." entry.

Reading the TQP web page, I am not 100% certain what format the organizers
want. But the WL TQP module has been creating this file format since about
1999, so I will assume its still OK until I hear otherwise. The TQP page at
http://www.txqp.net/index.php?option=com_content&view=section&layout=blog&id
=8&Itemid=59
does specifically call for a summary sheet, and WL also creates one of those
using the Contest/Create Summary Sheet.. menu.

Wayne, W5XD