[WriteLog] SEQ # Issue and Packet Window Issue

To: <WRITELOG@CONTESTING.COM>
Subject: [WriteLog] SEQ # Issue and Packet Window Issue
From: "K3RWN" <rwnewbould@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2010 23:42:53 -0400
I maybe mistaken, but it appears that WL is not handling the SEQ #s
properly.  This weekend during the PAQP we ran a multiop station at our
clubhouse. All computers are WL 10.79 and networked.  I thought once a SEQ #
was assigned in the QSO Window (BLUE) that it would not be issued to another
computer in the QSO window.  We have since recreated this issue and it is a
possible problem.  Example

Computer #1 - Enter K3XXX in the QSO window, SEQ #1 appears in the window.
the operator is waiting to enter the report data, at the same time...

Computer #2 - Enters K3AAA in the QSO window, SEQ #1 is assigned to this
computer also, hence we have two SEQ#1s.

Maybe this is not an issue due to the bands being different, but I thought
WL would not issue the same number once it appeared in the QSO window, not
when it is logged.  I thought if anything it would skip SEQ#s if the
operator performed a ALT-W not duplicate them.

Is this a Bug?

Also in version 10.80 we cannot get the Packet connection window to close
when we exit WL.  Is anybody else seeing this?

We need to use Task Manager to close the window.

Rich