[WriteLog] FT2000 CAT problem

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: [WriteLog] FT2000 CAT problem
From: "KC4HW" <kc4hw@centurytel.net>
Date: Tue, 02 Nov 2010 07:08:25 -0500
My old computer died.  I hate this because now I have to go through
the setup...

The new computer is Window 7 32 (Home Premium).

Writelog version is 10.80F.

Trying to setup the FT2000D via a USB to Serial Port converter from
Prolific.

After installing the USB driver, it setup COM4.  I set the baud rate at
4800.

Then setup Writelog PORT for the FT2000D with Baud Rate=4800
CommPTT=NO

Writelog is showing "No Rig!" in the entry window.  Clicked this buttom
and selected "rig on COMM4".

Clicking the SET "Command rig to selected frequency and mode now"
does set the radio to the selected mode but the frequency is not
displayed.  Also when entering a frequency in the CALL location the
radio will change frequency.   But will not show the freqency.

Anybody got any help here.

Jim/KC4HW
http://www.AlabamaContestGroup.org
http://www.AlabamaQSOParty.org