Re: [WriteLog] PTT Drops in RTTY/MMTTY

To: writelog@contesting.com, Bill Gillenwater <gillie@pa.net>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] PTT Drops in RTTY/MMTTY
From: Don AA5AU <aa5au@bellsouth.net>
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2010 14:26:11 -0800 (PST)
There are a myriad of reasons why this will happen.  One that I remember, and
helped solve with a friend of mine, was that both software and hardware PTT
were active.  In other words, if you use an interface to key PTT on your radio,
you should not use PTT via radio control.  If you have a hardware interface for
PTT, go to the WriteLog ports menu and uncheck Comm PTT for radio control.  Or
you can use Comm PTT but disconnect the hardware PTT interface.

I too experience a rare drop-out but mine only occurs when running SO2R and one
radio is set to Auto CQ and I go to transmit on the second radio (using last
one wins on the lockout).  If the timing of keying the second radio coincides
with Auto CQ starting on the first radio, the second radio will key but then
drop out immediately.  The first radio drops as well but this is by design.

73, Don AA5AU