Re: [WriteLog] CW Decoder setup: K3, WL and MicroKeyer2?

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] CW Decoder setup: K3, WL and MicroKeyer2?
From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <lists@subich.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2010 21:45:21 -0500
> Stereo does work, as audio is being fed by the radio to the "other"
> channel (which you can see), which you cannot hide (both displays
 > go away).
>
> My conclusion is that the R + L connections on the plug that goes
> into the radio from the MK2 DB-37 need to be swapped. My shaking
> hands and semi-mediocre eyesight make me a bit more nervous about
> this than I'd prefer!

No, the problem is in WriteLog.  If you are using the default sound
card, the Stereo/Mono switching operates correctly.  If microHAM
CODEC is not the default sound card (the preferred configuration for
other modes) selecting "mono" will cause WriteLog to select the
wrong (default) soundcard no matter which soundcard has been selected
for "rec to PC" in the WriteLog Mixer Control.

I forwarded your original posting to Wayne along with some test data.
Wayne postulated the error and I was able to verify it on one of my
test systems by feeding audio to a second (default) sound card in
parallel with microHAM CODEC.

While I have no specific knowledge of future releases, I am confident
that Wayne will fix the bug in the next version of Writelog.

73,

    ... Joe Subich, W4TV
        microHAM America, LLC.
        http://www.microHAM-USA.com