Re: [WriteLog] V 10.82 Issue--going back to a previous version

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] V 10.82 Issue--going back to a previous version
From: "Wayne, W5XD" <w5xd@writelog.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2010 16:57:05 -0800
>>>Is there a way to go back to previous version?

Yes.

>From the Windows Start Menu, go to Control Panel and then find something
that says "Uninstall". Exactly how the geniuses at Microsoft decided to
present this to depends very much on what year you bought their operating
system, but somewhere in there you will find Uninstall.

Find WriteLog in the list. What you do next depends on your OS version
again, but somehow find an "uninstall" menu entry for WriteLog. If all else
fails, try a right mouse button click.

Once WriteLog is uninstalled, then install it from the previous version. For
this, you need the latest FULL installation kit you have. You got a pointer
to that installation file when you last paid for a registration code.
Hopefully you kept a copy of that file or bought a CD at that time. If not,
then try an email to support@writelog.com. You should state at that time
when you last bought a registration code, and you might get in return
instructions on how to download the full install kit.

Once the full kit is installed, then you may upgrade to whatever version you
want, keeping in mind that the "upg" kits only update the previous 12 full
kits.

As for the W5XD SO2R box, while I have been doing this too long to
categorically claim it works, I can say I have one of those boxes and ran
1000 QSOs or so through it in ARRL SS CW on that WL version, so it was
working for me the last I tried.

Wayne