Re: [WriteLog] RTTY Window Capture

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] RTTY Window Capture
From: Dick Flanagan <dick@k7vc.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2011 22:44:36 -0800
Gary,

I guess I shouldn't have used the word "capture."  In my business the
word means to record textual data, not sound, not images.  I would
like to be able load the entire contest into Notepad (or EMACS or vi
or...) and read every exchange.  I don't want to see them or listen
to them or reproduce them, I just want to read them in the form of a
text log.  I apologize for the confusion.

Dick

At 09:46 PM 2/13/2011, Gary AL9A wrote:
 >Dick,
 >
 >Not sure I understand what you mean by "capture the RTTY window".  The only
 >way I know of to "capture" the contest exchanges is to use Tools/Sound board
 >options... and record the contest to a series of wav files that can be
 >played back later.  If you record the contest you can play back the entire
 >contest if you have 48 hours you don't know what to do with.  But after
 >recording with WL its much better than that.  If you highlight a specific
 >call in the log and then hit the right mouse button a list of options opens.
 >One of the choices is to "Play audio from this QSO".  When you click on that
 >choice WL opens a play back window where you can choose to play back SSB or
 >decode CW, RTTY or PSK starting just before that call was logged and
 >continuing on until you stop it.  Really a great feature.  Check the Help
 >manual for how to set it up.
 >
 >73,
 >Gary AL9A

Dick Flanagan K7VC