Re: [WriteLog] RTTY Window Capture

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] RTTY Window Capture
From: Dick Flanagan <dick@k7vc.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2011 14:23:34 -0800
At 11:46 PM 2/13/2011, Ed Muns wrote:
 >I don't speak "BSOD"

I think when I am tired I resort to speaking in "tongues."  :)  The
Blue Screen Of Death (BDOD) is how even Microsoft refers to their
system failure display when Windows aborts, quits, dies for some
unrecoverable reason.  It is a bright blue screen with white text
that informs "you have just been screwed, the system is re-booting."

The system has effectively turned itself off and is restarting.  The
status of what you were working on is indeterminable.

I had one of those during the contest.  WriteLog recovered nicely,
but the Rttywrite window was perfectly clean.  Whatever had been
there (at least 12 hours of contacts) was gone.  Would the MMTTY
logging procedure you described have been able to survive this kind
of system failure?

Dick
--
Dick Flanagan K7VC