Re: [WriteLog] Right Click Drop Down Menu

To: "'Anthony \(N2KI\)'" <n2ki@hvc.rr.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Right Click Drop Down Menu
From: Ed Muns <w0yk@msn.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2011 22:28:29 -0400
Anthony, N2KI, asked:
> These are very small performance nuances that I wonder if they could be
> changed in the software.  The drop down menu when you right click on
> RttyRite gives a number of selections.  Can the selection of "Enter in
> Log'
> and " Clear Entry Window" be separated? I can't tell you how many times I
> clicked on "clear entry" and wiped out the QSO instead of "Enter in Log".
> In the heat of a significant run, this could throw you off.

Yes!  User control over this menu was added a few releases ago and it gets
even better in the current Beta.  In 10.83, you can make the order of the
seven menu items be whatever you want, including deleting some of them.
Search Help on RttyContextMenuEntries for details.

In 10.84, this feature is enhanced such that if you only have one menu item,
then the right-click executes it directly, saving the second mouse click.
For example, I delete all entries except PUSHCALL so that a right-click
stuffs a call sign on the stack and a left-click still puts it in the Entry
Window.  I can't emphasize how efficient and fluid it is to use the call
sign stack in RTTY now.  (For CW it is not as easy because you have to first
type the call into the Entry Window.)

Ed - P49X (W0YK)