Re: [WriteLog] Registration key

To: "'Gary AL9A'" <al9a@mtaonline.net>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Registration key
From: Ed Muns <w0yk@msn.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2011 08:48:07 -0800
Gary, AL9A, asked:
> I just upgraded to V10.84D and am trying to find the
> wlogkey.ini file on my system and am having difficulty
> locating it.  I like to keep a copy of it on a thumb drive in
> case the hard drive commits suicide some day.  I'm running
> Vista Home Premium 32 bit with UAC on.  Previous versions of
> WL put the registration key file in C:\Windows, but the file
> that is there still has the old registration number.  I've
> looked in Program Data and the Virtual Store, both under
> Windows and Programs and cannot locate the file.  Anyone know
> where it goes now?

The registration key is now in the Windows Registry.  I save the email from
Steve.

If you have different registration keys for different call signs, then the
recommended procedure for changing them is to simply do a re-install of the
last update using the desired call sign and associated registration key.

Ed - W0YK