Re: [WriteLog] FTdx-5000 with Writelog?

To: Gary AL9A <al9a@mtaonline.net>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] FTdx-5000 with Writelog?
From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <lists@subich.com>
Date: Sat, 02 Apr 2011 17:26:46 -0400
> The %O command also will not reset the RIT to zero in Icom radios,
> not because the WriteLog command has a problem, but because there is
> no RIT clear command in the Icom firmware!

Not only is there no RIT clear command in the Icom firmware - there is
no provision to either read or set the RIT/XIT frequency or RIT/XIT
status.  Of course, the 7600 firmware contains such important functions
as read/set the text color for the internal RTTY/PSK decoder so maybe
there wasn't enough code space to implement basic RIT/XIT support!

This is typical of Icom's brain dead CI-V support/protocol.  They
*finally* - after what 15 years of complaints by software developers -
added a way to determine if split had been turned on/off on the radio
in the most recent firmware update to the 7600/7700/7800.  Of course,
it's still not possible to read/set the frequency of VFO B unless it
is "active" (in front).

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV