[WriteLog] WriteLog sluggish because of excess entries in writelog.ini

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] WriteLog sluggish because of excess entries in writelog.ini
From: "W. Wright, W5XD" <w5xd@writelog.com>
Date: Mon, 9 May 2011 15:22:00 -0000
It has come to my attention that it is possible to accumulate a large number
of excess] entries in writelog.ini of the form  [DockScreen-*]. They cause
the program to become very sluggish and even crash. For recent versions of
WriteLog, the correct number of entries is 24. A small number of excess is
not an issue. The problems come when there are a thousand or more. We have
not located the cause of the excess entries, but we do know that all
versions of WriteLog are affected going back at least many months, and
probably many years.

We have added this page to writelog.com indicating how to detect the problem
and how to remedy it:

        http://writelog.com/support2/writelogini-dockscreen-cleanup

Those [DockScreen] entries in WriteLog.ini are written by the Setup/Save
Configuration menu in WriteLog. I have never found a way to make it create
more than the correct number, but many users have excess entries, so
obviously there is a way. Let me know if you figure out how to reliably
duplicate this problem.

Wayne, W5XD