Re: [WriteLog] How often during a typical contest weekend do you have to

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] How often during a typical contest weekend do you have to restart WriteLog?
From: "W. Wright, W5XD" <w5xd@writelog.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Jul 2011 22:20:39 -0000
All:
Thank you for all the responses. My poll was not well designed enough to
derive much in the way of quantitative metrics. Here are the only numbers I
can back up from my emails received:

44 answers
roughly 1/2 said "never" or "48"
worst case among the answers was an estimated 12 hours, which I assigned to
3 of the responses. (specifically "3 times per 48 hrs" which I will
translate to "mean time to failure" by dividing 48 hours into 4 trouble-free
timeperiods of 12 hours each)

How I got the numbers:
Counting all the answers I could find, there are 44 answers. My question was
poorly formed, so some answered only directly to me, some only to the
reflector, and some to both, so I could have introduced an error just by
collating. I don't think it is meaningful to try to assign an average or
anthing other the best case and worst case, which I present above.

My original question to the reflector failed to ask whether WL networking
was being run. (Specifically, "Setup/Link to Network"). Do users of that
feature have more problem with forced shutdowns?

Thanks,
Wayne, W5XD