Re: [WriteLog] wlog and usb to serial adapter

To: k2mme@juno.com, "[WriteLog]" <WriteLog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] wlog and usb to serial adapter
From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <lists@subich.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2011 20:56:50 -0400
Sounds like the Trendnet adapter uses the Prolific chipset which is
known to have defective drivers with Windows 7.  I suggest you look
for updated drivers as the latest drivers are reported to resolve the
timing issues with certain software.

Either that or get a different adapter that uses the FTDI chip set.
The FTDI drivers are (and have been) rock solid with all versions of
Windows.

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV