Re: [WriteLog] MMTTY Challenges

To: Eric - VE3GSI <ve3gsi@sympatico.ca>, "[WriteLog]" <WriteLog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] MMTTY Challenges
From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <lists@subich.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2011 20:10:40 -0400
Eric,

There is an option "More" in the Ports menu that shows COM9-COM16.
Unfortunately, I just checked and at least in WL 10.88 and 10.90,
if a port other than COM1-COM8 is selected, that port selection is
not passed to MMTTY.  I don't know if the fault is in RTTYrite or
the MMTTY plug-in since the plug-in was written before AA6YQ added
COM9-COM16 support to MMTTY in MMTTY version 1.67.

If one has a UART based serial port the work-around is to select
"Hardware FSK" along with COM9-16 and allow RTTYrite to handle
transmission ("Hardware FSK" is not recommended with microHAM
Router due to the USB buffering issues).

Long term, the issue of MMTTY plug-in/RTTYrite port passing should
be addressed.

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV