Re: [WriteLog] Bands behavior on packet

To: "WriteLog Reflector" <WriteLog@CONTESTING.COM>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Bands behavior on packet
From: "K2MK" <k2mk@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2011 07:40:58 -0500
Hi Gary,

I agree that there is a problem and I would like to see the ARRL SS module
repaired.

I remember asking the same question a few years ago and someone offered an
explanation. I wasn't happy with the explanation but it made sense at the
time. Now things are really out of hand. I allowed skimmer spots to flow and
the Packet Spots window scrolled at supersonic speed. The Band Map worked
fine but I also like to use the Packet Spots window from the bottom up to
get at the most recent spots. And with the Packet Spots window rolling at
high speed it was almost impossible to view and select a spot in the mid
section.

I had my  VE7CC host showing only US spots and I suppose I could also have
it show one band at a time but that seems extreme when there is already a
feature on WriteLog that should work. If Follow Me absolutely can't work I
would gladly accept having the individual bands show up in that window.

There is a glimmer of hope that it wants to work. If I turn off my rig so
that WriteLog can't read my frequency I can see all spots in "All Bands" and
no spots in "Follow Me".

73,
Mike K2MK