[WriteLog] Can't SAVE problem .. funky split .. com port issue (3 compla

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: [WriteLog] Can't SAVE problem .. funky split .. com port issue (3 complaints in 1)
From: Alan Maenchen <ad6e@arrl.net>
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2011 22:07:20 +0000
I've been using WL10.84D for some time. I've been sitting on some minor
problems for a while.

1)  Usually AltF-S does the save function, but quite often it opens the
File list, then immediately closes it. I just see a flash. However, using
the mouse to open the File list then clicking on Save works. After such a
mouse save, then AltF-S works again (for a while).

Win XP and same problem on Win7-64.  Not a serious problem, but I keep
getting needled for a save after 20 QSOs. I had an ini line that turned
that off, but forgot what it was after the last upgrade.

2)  A strange one: This morning, I somehow put the K3 into SPLIT mode
without pushing any button on the K3.  Is there a fat fingered way to do
that from the keyboard? I must have done something dumb.  Didn't discover
it for some time after several no QSOs.  I must have been dropping my call
on someone I wasn't listening to.  My apologies if it was anyone on this
list.

3rd problem:  WL too often displays "no rig" in the com port for the K3,
but not so for the Icom which works solidly. However, the K3 reports it's
frequency correctly and quickly in microHAM router (7.7.1)   Clicking on a
spot in the band map puts the K3 on target immediately, but the band map
shifts for a second or two until WL finally gets the updated frequency via
the microHAM router. It seems like the router is polling the K3 very often,
but WL is only polling once ever two seconds (or so).  This is not a
microHAM router problem as it also happens with a direct connection (with
or without router involved). The router is showing that the K3 is
communicating normally. I'm using the K3 rig type, 38,400 baud, Yes/No
CommPTT (either way has same problem). Same problem on three different
computers with various serial/USB thingies.

Tks for any help & 73, Alan  AD6E