[WriteLog] Anyone have RTTY problems during Roundup?

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Anyone have RTTY problems during Roundup?
From: "Don Hill AA5AU" <aa5au@bellsouth.net>
Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2012 17:45:46 -0600
I had an issue this weekend and so did Steve, AI9T.  My issue was an occasional
delay from the time I hit a function key to the time
the actual message went out.  This only happened maybe 20 times, maybe more or
less, I was too busy to keep track.  When I hit a
function key, the transmitter would key but the message did not go out until
4-6 seconds later.

Steve had this problem as well as a problem with received text not scrolling
across the Rttyrite screen appropriately.  He describes
it as "stuttering" where the text would not scroll across the Rttyrite screen
as it was being received but instead come out in
spurts.  To me that sounds like a buffer situation but I'm not familiar enough
with how that works.

Mike, K4GMH, did not have any issues.  All three of us were set up for two
radios on one PC.  I had a third radio connected to a
laptop on the network but did not experience any problems on that computer.
Steve and I were running 11.01F.  Not sure what Mike
was running.

Did anyone else have these, or any other kind of problems with WriteLog this
weekend?  If so, please let us know only if you did
have a problem and if so, what version of WL you were running.  Thanks!

73, Don AA5AU
http://www.aa5au.com
http://www.rttycontesting.com