Re: [WriteLog] Help with M/S

To: "'Ken Eigsti'" <diverken@chaffee.net>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Help with M/S
From: Ed Muns <w0yk@msn.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2012 17:54:17 -0400
Minutes don't matter, only band changes per CLOCK HOUR.  Remember that if
you change bands to work a station and go back to the prior band that is TWO
band changes.  So, that may be what is happening, i.e., you are really doing
TEN band changes when you go to another band, and back, FIVE times.

However, I'm not clear about your description below because each of your two
transmitters (RUN and MULT) have their own band change limit of 10 per clock
hour, independent of each other.  Is that not working for you?

Also, keep an eye on WriteLog's band-change tally because during CQ WW CW
the 10-minute timer on our MS Run and Mult radios was seldom correct.  In
fact, its erroneous operation caused us some rule infractions.  So, for
insurance, I recommend you keep a small pad at each operating position and
have the ops put a tick mark in each clock hour when they do a band change.
This is easy to do, but hard to remember (!), and guards against any errors
by WriteLog.

Ed - P49X