Re: [WriteLog] Does Rotor For Writelog (RFW) work with v11.01F?

To: K3SK <k3sk@hiddenacresfarm.com>, writelog@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Does Rotor For Writelog (RFW) work with v11.01F?
From: "k0bx@arrl.net" <k0bx@arrl.net>
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2012 12:15:54 -0800 (PST)
Hi K3SK, I am using the Rotor control in Writelog using the EZ-Rotor.  I have
been using it since the beginning.  I am using the latest version 11.01F.

Usually when it doesn't work, it is a problem with the comport.  You say that
it
works with the Pull-
down menu in Writelog??  From the help file:

"Turn Antenna to the azimuth indicated by the call sign in the current Entry
Window. This menu entry is disabled (gray) if WriteLog does not detect antenna
control software installed."  So is the pull-down greyed out???  If not, then
you must have entered a comport for the rotor and it will opened it.
Are you using a real comport or a USB=>comport adapter?  Both should work, but
you have to make sure with the USB=>comport adapter that the comport number has
not changed.

If you have anymore information, please let me know.

BTW I wrote a little rotor control program to test my EZ-Rotor.  It is
available
free of change on my website.

http://www.qsl.net/k0bx/rotor.htm

This is program was make just for the Rotor EZ and uses the Hygain commands.

Joe K0BX
 Stop the insanity!
Please do not add me to any distribution lists (Joke, Stories or Junk) without
my permission.