Re: [WriteLog] getting to work with icom pro 3

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] getting to work with icom pro 3
From: "Gary AL9A" <al9a@mtaonline.net>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2012 11:09:51 -0800
Scott,

Focus first on your MicroKeyer II and the router setup.  When you look at
router does the micro KEYER II  tab show a green check mark, yellow X or a
red X?  I suspect you have a green check mark since you are able to key CW
the MKII is seeing com 5 and the WinKey chip is working.  On the Ports tab
in router do you see your radio defined as IC-756ProIII?  Do you see the
frequency display and mode of the radio on the Ports tab?  When you turn the
VFO does the frequency display following along?  When you change modes does
the mode indication follow along?  If not you probably don't have the Baud
rate and/or the CI-V address in router set correctly to match the
IC-756ProIII.

On the Ports tab click on the Set button to open the radio control setup
page.  The Baud rate should be 9600 and the CI-V address set to 6E.  Leave
the Port set to None.  With these settings do you now get radio tracking
info in router?  If so go back to WL and if things are set correctly on the
Setup/Ports tab there you should be good.

73,
Gary AL9A