Re: [WriteLog] Bandmap Question?

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Bandmap Question?
From: "Gary AL9A" <al9a@mtaonline.net>
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2012 17:08:44 -0800
Ted,

I don't know of any way to do that, but then why would you?  If you
eliminate dupes from the bandmap, instead of just color coding them red,
when you tune the band you must stop and listen to identify any station you
hear that is not displayed on the bandmap.  Unless you have superb memory
odds are you may not recognize a given call as already in the log and have
to take the time to enter at least a partial call to see that he is indeed a
dupe.  Seems to me this is a guaranteed way to slow your rate and do serious
damage to your score.  From my perspective it is much better to see the dupe
and tune on past him than have to stop and listen at each new signal I
happen to tune across.

73,
Gary AL9A