Re: [WriteLog] Updating the CTY files in WL

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Updating the CTY files in WL
From: "Gary AL9A" <al9a@mtaonline.net>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2012 15:55:09 -0800
Ray,

Methinks you're looking in the wrong place for the latest wl_cty.dat file
you downloaded.  Don't look in the WriteLog Programs folder, the latest
download isn't there.  Instead look in C:\ProgramData\WriteLog.  Way back
when, about V10.79 I think, some significant changes were made to how the
country file is downloaded and updated.

If you go to All Programs and then WriteLog program group to start Convert
CTY to WriteLog you will get the latest wl_cty.dat file downloaded to
C:\ProgramData\WriteLog.  When you then run the conversion program the data
in that file is extracted and merged into WriteLog - I don't how or where,
but it works.  Now start a WL contest module that has a Country field in the
Entry window.  In the Call field type VERSION and then space to the next
field.  The Country field should show the country name that was specified in
the release notes of the latest update.

BTW, if you do the download from the WL web page you are likely to get a
previous version instead of the most current version.  The web page download
may be several days behind the newest release.

73,
Gary AL9A