Re: [WriteLog] Sound board

To: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <lists@subich.com>, <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Sound board
From: "Roger" <jrwise@hbci.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2012 09:47:48 -0500
windows 7
Rog KI0F

-----Original Message-----
From: Joe Subich, W4TV
Sent: Saturday, August 11, 2012 8:56 AM
To: writelog@contesting.com

What operating system?

> When I switch to writelog I first get a message “failed to start
> recording loop is the sound board in use?”

You should probably disable the recording loop if you are going to
use the decoder.  I don't know if it's possible to run both.  In
any case, have you configured Writelog to the correct sound card
(Sound board mixer control in the WriteLog section of Windows Start
Menu)?

> I cannot get a signal to the cw window.

Which "CW Window" RTTYrite in CW mode or the the multi-channel CW
display?  If you are using RTTYrite, have you selected the correct
(sound board/stereo sound board) option based on number of radios and
RTTY windows?  If you are using the multi-channel CW display, try
configuring it for two radios (it seems to hang when one radio is
selected).

Have you configured Writelog for your soundcard and the correct input
- Writelog Sound board mixer Control?

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV