Re: [WriteLog] WL and the CW SS

To: "Hal Kennedy" <halken@comcast.net>, <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] WL and the CW SS
From: "Gary AL9A" <al9a@mtaonline.net>
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2012 18:21:42 -0800
Hal,

Something is amiss with either the SS module or my mind! I just did some more testing and found the following.

1. Type in a call and hit Space. The cursor jumps left to the NR field ready to accept the serial number and the call entered populates the Bandmap.

2. Double click on a call in the Bandmap and the call populates the Entry window, but the cursor stays on the first letter of the call. Hit Space and the cursor jumps left to the NR field. Double clicking on a call in the Packet Spots window behaves exactly the same.

3.Click on a call in Rttyrite and the call populates the Entry window, but then the cursor jumps right to the CK field instead of left to the NR field! To get the cursor to the NR field you must click in the NR field with the mouse, or hit CTRL+A to jump the cursor to the left most field (NR), or hit the Space bar 3 times to cycle through the other fields and back to NR. Clicking on any part of the exchange other than SECT, the NR, the PREC, or the CK, causes that information to be pasted into the CALL field which wipes out the call just entered! Clicking on the SECT in the Rttyrite window will paste that info into the correct SECT field.

So number 3 makes a real mess of things, especially during a run. Too much possibility of an error if clicking on calls in the Rttyrite window. Ray N6HE has the best solution. Go to Contest/Exchange Format Setup... and change the sequence of the fields in the Entry window by moving the CALL field up 2 positions in the field layout column so that CALL is now the first field. Now when you enter a call by hand, from the Bandmap, or from the Packet Spots window the cursor remains in the CALL field. A press of the Space bar jumps it to the right, which is now the NR field. Clicking on a call in the Rttyrite window both fills the call and jumps the cursor to the next field to the right, which again is now the NR field. The only problem with this is if the call is mistyped you must back tab or mouse click to get back to the CALL field to correct the error. All the other fields except SECT must be hand typed in as received, DO NOT click on NR, P or CK in the Rttyrite window. Clicking on SECT works ok.

Oh, something else that STILL is not fixed in the SS module. In the Packet Spots window checking on "Follow me" has no affect. It still behaves as "All Bands".

73,
Gary AL9A

----- Original Message ----- From: "Hal Kennedy" <halken@comcast.net>