Re: [WriteLog] Sending QTC Fills in WAE RTTY

To: k4gmh@arrl.net
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Sending QTC Fills in WAE RTTY
From: Doug Nelson <dougn1@me.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2012 12:37:00 -0800
Seems every year the same discussion comes up about QTC repeat requests, and in
many cases how long they are.  I have never used the Altn function as the sent
message is too long and wastes time.  If I need a repeat of QTC 3, I simply hit
Alt K and type 3 3 3  Alt K.

I have never had anyone question that I want a repeat of QTC 3.  I make my
request in about a third of the time it takes for the canned message.

Granted, the Alt K method isn't all that elegant, but still efficient.  Seems
no one knows how to get into WL to change the QTC request message, but if Wayne
would consider shortening it to 3 3 3  or maybe rpt 3 3 3, I'm sure we all
would appreciate it.

Anyway, this is my favorite contest as it adds a dimension no other contest has.

73...Doug  K6HGF