Re: [WriteLog] Standalone software for Writelog

To: <writelog@contesting.com>, <sroabr@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Standalone software for Writelog
From: Mike Heideman <mike_heideman@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2012 22:17:16 +0000

For M/2 you should be able to assign one station as Run and the other station
as Mult even though they are really peers.  You then get a separate timer for
each station.  Right-click on the Band Changes window to select the bandchanges
per hour option.  Hopefully it is set for the correct number of band changes
per hour for the particular contest.

If you have more than one interlocked radio/computer for each role then choose
the role that is appropriate for each radio.

We used the bandchange timers in CQWW CW.  We noticed that the 10-minute timers
turned red again occasionally when there was a large time gap between QSOs on
the same band.  Usually the remaining time that appeared was less than a
minute.  I seem to recall from earlier experiences that if the clocks aren't
sync'ed between all the computers then the timers have this behavior.  This
should not be a problem if it's set for band changes per hour.

73,
-Mike, N7MH