Re: [WriteLog] RTTY and dueling CQ's

To: Don Hill AA5AU <aa5au@bellsouth.net>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] RTTY and dueling CQ's
From: "Dean St. Hill" <dmsthill@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2013 16:18:35 -0400
Guys,

Happy New Year all around. i don't currently have a SO2R set-up (well
missing just the radio - everything else is there) but when I am SO2R I
have always used the duelling CQ feature -  and never had a problem.

On the other hand before using Yaesu rigs, I had some difficulty using two
TS 850's (Kenwood). It also did not seem to work as well when I was using
homebrew interfaces and/or the KAM.

It has worked best for me using Yaesu rigs and I am currently using an
MK2R+ for decode, PTT, Computer control etc. The other observation is that
initially Duelling CQ would do strange things but it had something to do
with the computer memory/capacity/speed. When I upgraded the computer these
intermittent problems disappeared.

"Auto resume" has to be ticked, and on the CQ message there cannot be a
"%X"

I actually used AA5AU's method of using two networked computers up to the
end of 2003. I never had any issues with that set-up but when I lost one
computer, I decided to go with a single computer.

Hope there is some usefulness in this message. I think its a bit flaky and
somewhat dependent on Rig, interface and computer power but when I'm SO2R I
use duelling CQ's with success.

Regards,

Dean - 8P6SH

On Thu, Jan 3, 2013 at 1:40 AM, Don Hill AA5AU <aa5au@bellsouth.net> wrote:

> Never got it to work. I usually set both radios for Auto-CQ (SO2R on
> 2-PC's) with "last one wins" lockout, then restart CQ's
> manually as needed.
>
> 73, Don AA5AU

*Dean St.Hill*
*